Source: Jonathan A. Segal, HR Magazine, Vol. 63 no. 3, April 2018
No complaints doesn’t mean no harassment. Here’s how to build trust in your reporting procedures. ….
…. Leaders at many organizations are taking a fresh look at their strategies for preventing and addressing sexual harassment in the wake of the #MeToo movement. As you revisit your policies, don’t forget to also fine-tune your complaint procedures. Without a robust process that employees can trust, an anti-harassment policy has little value.
1. Make Clear Who Can Bring Complaints. ….
2. Have Multiple Points of Contact. ….
3. Detail What Constitutes Prohibited Conduct ….
4. Provide Robust Protection Against Retaliation ….
5. Take Strong Corrective Action ….