• State Policy Network co-ordinating plans across 34 US states
• Strategy to ‘release residents from government dependency’
• Revelations come amid growing scrutiny of tax-exempt charities
• Read key excerpts from the SPN proposals
• Group’s plan to eliminate taxes in Maine county – read the report from the Portland Press Herald
…The strategy for the state-level organisations, which describe themselves as “free-market thinktanks”, includes proposals from six different states for cuts in public sector pensions, campaigns to reduce the wages of government workers and eliminate income taxes, school voucher schemes to counter public education, opposition to Medicaid, and a campaign against regional efforts to combat greenhouse gas emissions that cause climate change….