Source: OCLC, 2012
From the summary:
This new report details findings from a study OCLC conducted with libraries in mid-2011 to learn about their priorities, initiatives, thoughts on the future of their service points and the sources they use to keep up with developments in the library field.
Select Key Findings:
Most public library staff:
– Are focusing their priorities on Internet access, demonstrating value to funders and delivering e-content
– Are concentrating on e-books as their top current initiative
– Rely mostly on listservs and email to stay current–while just a few use social media
– Opinions are split on the make-up of service points in the future
– The top priority for public library directors is demonstrating the library’s value to funders
Nearly 1300 public library staff including directors, managers and librarians participated in the study.