As the National Park System prepares for its centennial in 2016 it is turning toward corporate funding for support, according to Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility (PEER). A core strategy announced by National Park Service (NPS) leaders in August 2011 is creating a billion dollar corporate-financed endowment outside the federal appropriation process.
- See how corporate contributions confer access and influence
- Look at the Coca Cola Proud Partner agreement
- Revisit Coke role in blocking plastic bottle ban
- View Coke sponsorship of the summit
- Examine the NPS Call to Action (Step # 29)