Statement of Purpose
To explore opportunities for collaboration with several unions for mutual benefit.
Possible benefits to unions:
· Possible new network of dynamic members with social vision about worker ownership, and skills in collaborative decision-making;
· Connections in international fair trade and socially conscious business, worldwide;
Possible benefits to co-ops:
· Access to benefits including pension and health care benefits;
· Solidarity with the union movement on social benefits to workers such as advocacy on workers rights, and health care reform
· Access to capital for co-op formation;
Possible benefits to both co-ops and unions:
· Advocacy for a US employee ownership bank through legislation currently being sponsored by Senator Bernie Sanders, to benefit all workers.