From the summary:
Home care consumers recognize that a strong workforce is a critical component of quality care. However, many consumers may not be aware of the role immigration reform plays in strengthening the home care workforce.
To better inform consumers and their advocates on this topic, Consumer Voice has issued a new brief highlighting five distinct ways comprehensive immigration reform would serve to benefit home care consumers – which include:
– Ensuring Access to Care by Addressing the Workforce Shortage
– Creating Stability for Consumers by Reducing Worker Turnover
– Improving Safety and Transparency for Home Care Consumer
– Improving Quality and Scope of Care for Consumers by Training Workers
– Creating a Positive Home Care Experience through Career Ladders for Workers