From the press release:
The National Governors Association Center for Best Practices (NGA Center) today released a new report, The Transition to Adulthood: How States Can Support Older Youth in Foster Care, which provides states with strategies for supporting foster youth as they age out of the foster care system and transition to adulthood.
The report examines five critical areas of support: education, employment, housing, health care and relationships. Specific strategies in these areas include:
* Promoting educational attainment;
* Connecting youth with employment and career training;
* Enhancing access to safe and stable housing;
* Helping youth access and manage health care; and
* Helping youth build stable and lifelong relationships.