Source: Stateline.org, January 2011
Stateline takes its annual look at the trends and issues that will be the most discussed topics in state government in the coming year.
– As state budgets, payrolls shrink, so do ambitions
– States adjust to a more frugal Washington
– Republicans face obstacles in redistricting
– State budget outlook: the worst isn’t over
– Health care budgets in critical condition
– New balance of power – Stateline’s map details the new 2011 political landscape from governors’ offices to the legislatures.